• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Family Record Sheets

pee wee

I have a question for all you computer buffs :)

I have downloaded a copy of the Ancestry Family Sheet. I was wondering if there is a way I can put the sheet into a word document so I can type straight onto it rather than printing it of and hand writing on it. :confused:

I have tried doing a copy & paste. All I got was the text (out of order) without all the graph formatting. :'(

Does anyone know if this is a feesible idea or am I barking up the wrong tree & trying to get my computer to do something that is not in the realms of possibility.

dawnlea

Hi PeeWee!

Have asked the computer nerd (my partner, Paul) if there is any way to do what you want. He says that it's not really possible. He did suggest scanning the article into your computer and using the text manipulation on Photoshop to sort the document out. It sounded complicated and, if you want to know more, I'll have to get him to explain it to you.

TTFN

pee wee

Hi Dawn, :wink:

I came to the same conclusion last night, that it was going to be too complicated to bother with.
Kimberley said she didn't think it was possible either as document is a htm document. I'll just do it by hand .

Thanks anyway.

Cheers

Hi

There are a number of programmes that will take a pdf file and turn it into a word editable file. You could do a search on the internet or go to one of the popular on line magazines eg computeractive to get a list of them.

Problem is that they usually want money to stop "Trial" or "sample" being watermarked on the printout.

I just created a table in word that looked very similar