• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Family scandal?

Musigal

Hi everyone
I'm a complete novice at this, so I'll probably be pestering you quite a lot. I have searched many sites for the marriage certificate for Kathleen
Wolstenholme b. 22 Sept 1913 in Rotherham d. Dec 2002 in Lambeth, London and Charles Saint and can't find anything. I don't have any dates for Charles Saint. All I know is that he died in the 50's. I'm trying to find this as they have two sons who also have no idea if they were married or not. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Musigal

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
I havnt found a marriage between the years of 1923-1932 for Wolstenholnme and Saint. This was looking under the surname of Saint there is an index missing for Dec 1/4 1925 (on Ancestry) so couldnt check that one. Do you know what year the sons were born as this might help to narrow down as to when they married.

Musigal

Hi

I've just found out some more details from my mum. The sons are called Frank and Cliff Saint and are twins born on 8th Dec 1945 or 46. Their father Charles was married previously and had a daughter. His wife mysteriously disappeared during the war years and was never found. I have been told that their marriage would be after 1925 as they did not get together until after my father was born (1928). Another intruiging thing I've found is that when he joined the forces he had to state who he wanted his belongings given to if he should die and he named Kathleen Saint as his cousin and not his wife.
Many thanks for your help
Musigal:D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaveHam9 1861 Census Request 0
DaveHam9 Scottish Genealogy Roots 1
DaveHam9 1841 Census Request 6
DaveHam9 1901 Census Request 2
DaveHam9 1871 Census Request 2
DaveHam9 1871 Census Request 2