• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Fidler, Mary

I hope someone can help me with info on Mary Fidler from Bolsover, Derbyshire, England.
So far I have found that my family tree includes Peter Fidler 1769, his father's name was James Fidler Sr. I would like to find out more.
Thanks. Brenda Ives

Last edited by a moderator:

KeithS

Re: Fidler,Mary

Hi Brenda,

You could try doing a search at http://www.familysearch.org/

It's a very simple site to use and could prove helpful. There are quite a few records for Bolsover on the site.

Alternatively, for that period in history, it will be down to the Parish Registers initially. If you have a Mormon Library (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) anywhere near you, they have reading rooms where you can physically check the IGI (International Genealogical Index) and, if they have it within their system anywhere in the world, you can get a microfilm version of the relevant Parish Registers. If they do not hold it at you local branch, they will get it sent through for you for a small fee. Usually enough to cover the cost of postage.

Give that a try and let us know how you get on.

Keith.

Re: Fidler,Mary

Hi Keith
I have tried the LDS site but have not been able to find anything. I am trying to link Peter Fiddler from England who immigrated to Canda to Mary Fiddler. If anyone can help I would be most grateful.
thanks
Brenda Ives

I realise this is an old post, but I was wondering whether, you had infomation from any of the census,

I have just done a quick search and found Mary Fidler, born in Bolsover, Derbys.

1851 census. ref: Class: HO107; Piece: 2148; Folio: 210; Page: 25;

address is given as Woodthorpe Mill. Staveley, Derbys.

James Fidler, aged 40 widow. occ ag lab, born (its says 'do' for derbys, but reads Sutton, so this could be Sutton in Ashfield, NOTTM)
Annie Fidler aged 12 born, bolsolver
Mary Fidler aged 8 b. bolsolver
Francis Fidler aged 5 b. bolsolver
James Fidler aged 3. b. Staveley

link: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...Y&recid=4967644&recoff=1+2&db=uki1851&indiv=1

Next door there is another fidler family, (I presume this is his mother)

Hannah Fidler aged 64 Widow, Miller and Farmer of 72 acres. b. staveley, derbys.
PETER fidler aged 43 son. miller. b. Mansfield, Nottm
Joseph Fidler aged 26 son, ag lab b. sutton, derby (I think this is wrong and should be nottm)

Last edited:

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
I hope someone can help me with info on Mary Fidler from Bolsover, Derbyshire, England.
So far I have found that my family tree includes Peter Fidler 1769, his father's name was James Fidler Sr. I would like to find out more.
Thanks. Brenda Ives
Hi Brenda,
We share the same surname IVES. What are the possibilities of.........

Steve.:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaveHam9 Documents 6
DaveHam9 Travel and Migration 27
DaveHam9 Deaths 2
DaveHam9 Documents 4
DaveHam9 1891 Census Request 13
DaveHam9 Indian Genealogy Roots 50