• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Filling in the missing years.

Hi Genies,:)
I would like to ask how to fill in the missing years for two families.
I can't locate them on any site I have access to. I thought maybe electoral rolls?? Any ideas?

HENRY JOSEPH & ADA CHARLOTTE (WALL) PATMORE

DaveHam9, kindly found him in Newcastle on the Electoral Roll for 1903-04. The birth of their first child was registered there in 1901. Their second child was registered at Paddington in 1904. I am looking for information on when they arrived in Wollongong where they lived the rest of their lives. They are on the 1913 Electoral Roll there, but definitely arrived quite some years before that, and when is the question.

GEORGE & CHARLOTTE EMMA (GALL) WALL

In 1878 George was granted a lease of Crown lands adjoining his freehold. That was in Narrabri, probably at Deep Creek. It is believed they may have left Narrabri around 1900, but that theory only comes from daughter Ada marrying in Paddington in 1900, and son Frederick Clarence marrying in Redfern in 1901. According to newspaper items, son Henry Ernest was well-known in Wollongong by 1904. George & Charlotte Emma are on the Wollongong 1913 Electoral Roll and lived the rest of their lives there. When they arrived in Wollongong is the question.

Many thanks for any ideas, Joan