• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

finding information

all my immediate family is kind of in the same boat, that includes immediate cousins, I have gotten the furtherest but that is still very little. I have my grandfathers name birthday (gotten a certified copy of entry of birth) year that he came usa, year he got married, and date of death. Also brothers names that lived here then and his parents names. I have posted threads on ancestry.com here but have gotten no replies, question is where do I go next to try to find some kind of family history, my mother and her siblings (all brothers on this side of family tree) have passed away and now I am lost on what to do.:confused:

pee wee

Hi Joyce,

You could try Cyndis List. She has links to sites all around the world including Wales.
A lot bounce back to Ancestry. com but there are message boards & links to countys. Unfortunatley the latest census online to view is 1901 & you need to pay to view. If you put a request on Census lookups someone might be able to do a search for your GGGrandparents which might give some siblings names for your Grandfather.
I don't subscribe so can't help with that one. There is also the registers for BDM on ancestry that can be helpful & they are free to view. Will keep an eye out for things for you. The link to Cyndies List is below hope it works.

Regards Peta.

www.cyndislist.com