• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Finding out where someone lived!

Hi
I have a couple of requests - if possible?

First of all I am trying to find out the history of Harry Lee Browning living in Peterborough. He was born in 1855 and died in 1932, he was married to Elizabeth A Browning and had 8 children. I have seen from the 1901 census that he was living in Peterborough and we know that he eventually ended up living in Coventry. I am trying to find out when he moved from Peterborough and when he arrived in Coventry. Is there somewhere specific I can find out this information - is it something you would find at the library?

Secondly we have information that one of Harry's granddaughters - Celia Browning daughter of Harry Browning, married in Kensington was a member of ENSA during the Second World War as a pianist. Does anyone hold records of ENSA members and what they did?

Many thanks
Katie