• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

findmypast is free during england matches

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Apart from the usual timeouts and pages having to be reloaded, I'm not finding data I expected to find.

From National Archives:
Division within WO Records of the Royal Chelsea and Kilmainham Hospitals
WO 97 Royal Hospital Chelsea: Soldiers Service Documents
Subseries within WO 97 1760-1854: discharge papers arranged by regiment, but each described at item level. (WO 97/1-1271)
WO 97/699 57th Foot: Gar - Jac

WO 97/699/14
STEPHEN GIFFORD
Born RAMSGATE, Kent
Served in 57th Foot Regiment
Discharged aged 39
1803-1818

I entered S GIFFORD and it returned nothing. How can that be? I know there are many variation of the spelling of the name depending on the family distribution in southern England.

I searched for all with given name = Stephen and looked at all the G and he still wasn't there. :confused:

EDIT: Oh. WO97 1760-1854 184,000 1.2 million By July 2010

on since: 19/6/2010 5:31:15AM Logged off FMP at 7:13 so that was not 3 hours. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

oznannie

Loyal Member
I logged on for the 90 minute session & they took my last 10 credits....
They were 20 mins late getting started. I received a reply to my moaning email about 2 hours later & they had re-imbursed my credits.
The site did drop out a few times but I did manage to find some good census results.
Not sure what the procedure is for England's next game, it could be their last the way they are playing.
To think I got up at 2am to watch it:eek:
For deffo some improvement, from Algeria...
ozn

nainmaddie

Loyal Member
Morning All

I don't think that FMP will be lasting that long, after last night's game.!!!

To think that they get paid all that money for rubbish.

Maddie

I had a very happy 90 minutes on FMP on Friday afternoon!:biggrin: I couldn't believe it 'worked' so well for me!:biggrin: I looked at 25 1911 census docs and save 18 to my pc!:biggrin: I've been through them all today carefully and added lots to my tree!:biggrin: I found one man killed in WW1 in Egypt on 1st Dec 1917 who is buried in a war cemetery in Israel. My DH is usually happy to take me grave hunting but I'm not sure that will apply in this case! :eek: :rolleyes:

i just had my 90 mins free for the first time i didnt no about it for the first game then totaly forgot for the second but i got a fair few people on the 1911 census.has any one else found them 90 mins go so fast it only seemed like half hour.england to win 3 nil today

many thanks if it wasnt for this site i wouldnt of known about it

alan:)