• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Flat screen

gibbo

Loyal Member
I have a flat screen on this "new" second hand computer i got. I prefere my old slightly curved screen. I dont like this flat one:( I dont like the flat screen tellys neither:(:rolleyes:
Anyone else prefere the old slightly curved screens to the flat ones?

Hi Gibbo

I have to say I prefer the flat screen monitor that I have with the computer.

I also changed my television to an LCD flat television which is flat, and everyone agrees that all can see the screen from wherever they are sitting.!!

The LCD tele is not a good idea with those that have toddlers in the house. They want to touch the damn thing :2fun: :2fun: It is a very clear picture.

Maddie

ianto73

Valued Member
Gibbo, take it from an expert, you are not weird, I'll beat you hands down to the title.
Hate TV in any shape or form, programmes are almost 100% uninteresting so it makes no difference what style of "goggle-box" it is, I'd rather have my music, quizzes, books and writing articles for Regimental Journal and others.

As regards to Flat or Old type screen for this machine, that is all they are - a machine, just like a car, they fit a purpose, and I don't have one of those either.

:2fun::2fun::biggrin::biggrin:

Brian

ps is the definition of "SOAP" as in Neighbours/Eastenders etc - "SEXUAL OVERTONES ALWAYS PRESENT"!! :2fun::2fun:

gibbo

Loyal Member
Thanks DW, makes me think i should get my eyes tested, hadnt had them checked for years.

I wonder if i turn the brightness down a little if that would make a difference:confused: The next big challange is to find the jolly button for it:rolleyes: If im not back tonight you know i found the wrong one:eek:

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
I love the flat screen and I love the fact I chose a wide screen model too. My only concern is that the display varies so much depending on the time of day and the amount of light in the room. I don't keep playing with the contrast/brightness/gamma so the colours do become a bit washed out at times.

So that could explain some things you know. Maybe i got big curvature in my eyes and thats why i prefere the curved screens .. my eyes want to look around corners:eek:
Gibbo, talk about screens and can't see around corners.

This might really give my age away. Do you remember a TV serial called
"You Can't See around corners" It was made probably early 70s with Ken Shorter And Rowena Wallace.

It was the first dirty movie made for TV, it was quite rude for that period, i was quite young but shocked at what i saw, those types of things were never shown on tele in those days.

But didn't it get peoples tongues wagging.

Oz

Last edited:

gibbo

Loyal Member
Gibbo, talk about screens and can't see around corners.

This might really give my age away. Do you remember a TV serial called
"Can't See around corners" It was made probably early 70s with Ken Shorter And Rowena Wallace.

It was the first dirty movie made for TV, it was quite rude for that period, i was quite young but shocked at what i saw, those types of things were never shown on tele in those days.

But didn't it get peoples tongues wagging.

Oz

No cant say i remember that one oz. I do remember Number 96:eek::2fun::2fun:

Just googled it. No wonder i dont remember it, i was only 7 so wouldnt have been aloud to watch it. Dont think we got our first telly until around that time as well.

I remember going to town about 1956 at night time and watching tv through the electrical stores front window, as time went by lots of people came and brung their chairs, it became a regular social gathering.

Woe betide the first few people that bought there own tvs, their homes would be besieged by neighbours every night while they were saving up for their own tellies.

Oz