• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Francis Fradin. 1725-1803. He was a French Huguenot refugee.

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi

After much digging I finally found out that Francois Fradin who wed Elizabeth Morin in 1759 in bethnal Green in London was not the one who was born in 1731 in London son of Claudius.

My Francis worshipped at a French Huguenot church La Patente from 1760 to 1775 where all his children were baptised. I found that he joined the French church in 1752. His son George Fradin born in 1771 also was a member of the French church.

The Francis Fradin born in 1731 married Mary Ann Pickering and was from quite a wealthy family. His stepmum mentioned him and his daughter Elizabeth in her 1768 will. There was an Elizabeth Fradin born in 1766 to Francis and Mary Ann Fradin in Holborn. My Francis didnt have a daughter Elizabeth born at this time. And my one was a silk weaver of Spitalfields.

He was the one who died in 1803 in the French Hospital. It said on his 1801 admission register that he had been a member of the church for 49 years.

His daughter Susanna Fradin born in 1765 married Dennis Helsdon in 1784 aged 19 in Stepney.

Ben