• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Frank Hogg, wife Phoebe & child murdered

I am looking for information regarding Frank Hogg and his wife Phoebe who was murdered along with their infant child Tiggie Phoebe in 1890.

Franks brother Alex Freeman is my great, great grandfather.

I have read information that I have searched for on the internet regarding the case and now know it quite well. However, I need more information regarding Alex and Franks parents because they are my lineage.

My grandmother (Alex's granddaughter) told me that Alex's last name is Freeman due to this case being such a scandal that they had to change their last name. I have not found information of this because like I said before, I have hit a brick wall. She told me I would and that there wasn't a lot of known information out there.

The only information I have on Frank and Alex's mother is that she was an invalid and lived with their sister Clara. I have gathered that and some dates from the articles I have read.

I am looking for any knowledge regarding the lineage of Frank & Alex, their siblings, parents, grandparents etc. Any help is greatly appreciated as I live in the United States and cannot simply go somewhere publicly and find the information.