• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Frank William Harvey

I have been researching my grand father's family and have been able to fill in a lot of details but Frank William's marriage eludes me.

Frank William Harvey was born on the Isle of Wight on 11 Sep 1869, Gate Lane, Freshwater, IOW, the second son of George Harvey and Eliza Ann Lambert.

1871 Census living Whitecliff House, Freshwater Bay Rd, Freshwater, IOW age 1
1881 Census - 30 Exeter Rd, West Teignmouth, Devon, England. Age 11. Scholar. Living with Aunt and Uncle, Frances Kemp and Johnathan Whittingham
1891 Census although age and name don’t match (Francis), may have been a general servant for Harriet Wavell and her daughter at 6 Star St, IOW
1901 Census living at 12 Brynmaer Rd Battersea, London. Was a Cook living with his mother, step father and brothers George and Hugh, so married after 1901

1911 Census ???
1929 living at 15 Edbrooke Rd, Paddington, London

Frank died 7 May 1929 at 285 Harrow Rd, Paddington, London.

I know he married "Kit" but this lady was not Kate Sarah Cannon (wrong Kate). Frank's wife K. Harvey was the informant re his death.

Would grately appreciate help to find this marriage.
Cheers
Lorraine (lorraine.dd)

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Sorry Lorraine, I've got wonky vision.:D

Found these possible marriages though.

Name: Frank W Harvey
Year of Registration: 1912
Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
Spouse's Surname: Hyde
District: Hackney
County: Greater London, London, Middlesex
Volume: 1b
Page: 1143

Name: William F Harvey
Spouse Surname: Bestew
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1917
Registration district: Paddington
Registration county (inferred): London
Volume Number: 1a
Page Number: 132

Steve. :)

Hi Steve

Thank you very much for your search. Just checked out the Frank W on ancestry and it was Frank Webber - 2 brothers married 2 sisters. I'll keep looking though.

Unfortunately Frank and Kit had no children, so all I have is the K or Kit to go on. I do have a picture purported to be Frank and if it is correct, he lost his right leg some how and also played the banjo - not that will help much in finding a marriage.

Cheers
Lorraine:D

Hi
found this

Marriages Sep 1912

Harvey Frank W Hyde Hackney 1b 1143
Harvey William R Hyde Hackney 1b 1143
Hyde Blossom C Harvey Hackney 1b 1143
Hyde Florence M Harvey Hackney 1b 1143

As Kit is a nick name for Catherine or Kathleen, the Blossom C may be the sister who married Frank

On 1911 census there is a family William Hyde 62, Rebecca 46, Gertrude 28, Blossom 26, and Florence 24, living in Hackney
In 1901 Gertrude 18, Blossom 16 and Florence 14 are at St Winifred's school in Southampton, place of birth INDIA. I have not found any other entries. If this if the family you are looking for a more detailed look at the 1911 census could give you more info.

dave

Last edited:
Hi Dave

Thanks for the feedback. I checked again and Frank Webber Harvey married Florence. I'm beginning to wonde rif Frank may have spent time overseas. Kit seems to be an American name to me but may be wrong.

The search continues.

Thanks again
Lorraine