• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

From Durham back to Cornwall.

RJS

Have begun trying to trace back my paternal greatgrandmother. Was always told by my dad that she was from Cornwall. Unfortunately I can't ask him any more questions about her as he passed away last year. He had great affection for her and remembered boxes of fruit being delivered to his grandmothers house from family still in Cornwall. I would love to find out more about her family. She was called Elizabeth H (stands for Helena I think) Trenerry. She was born abt 1874 in Kea Cornwall. She had a brother William Gordon who my dad was named after and another brother Thomas H. They were born 1875 & 1872 respectively. I believe her parents were Thomas Tregoning Trenerry and Eliza Jane Datson, who married in 1871 but I can't go back any further. There are so many Trenerry's its unreal. I can only find the family in the 1881 census and it states the father is 'mining in America'. Don't know whether he ever came back or perhaps he abandoned them. Can't find them after that. Somehow greatgrandmother finds her way to the NE of England and marries great grandad James Matthews. They live after that in Trimdon Co. Durham.
If anyone can find them anywhere or tell me anything about the Tregoning/Trenerry connection I would be extremely grateful. Cheers everyone.