• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Frustrated American Looking for English Roots

An American Cousin here looking for her English releatives. Good thing the ancestors are long gone, cause I'd like to wring their necks. So, please, any Bishop, Cheer and Cole cousins, take a look at my profile to get an idea of who I'm looking for. :)

Hi SweetAmber

You are so, so lucky in some respects. There are 'only' around 200 or so Cheer's (and by the way - let's hear it for them!) in each of the English censuses from 1841 to 1901, so finding your family shouldn't be too difficult.

Do you know anything more about Anna's parents you could share with us?

Cheers (sorry - I often end my postings like this!) :biggrin:

THJnr

All the census in the US and other info. say that the parents are from England. I have old postcards that only mention a few names. Some have been solved, except for a Sarah, Janet and Nellie Cheer. Sarah and Nellie refer themselves as Aunt. Janet as just Janet. There is one from Grandma Cheer. And that is it. The parents of Anna Cheer arrived anywhere bef 1876 and possibly came into New York as that is where she and her brother(s) are born.

marie44

An American Cousin here looking for her English releatives. Good thing the ancestors are long gone, cause I'd like to wring their necks. So, please, any Bishop, Cheer and Cole cousins, take a look at my profile to get an idea of who I'm looking for. :)
well meet another frustrated American Cousin and i have the same sentiments. i'm looking for my Renshaws.
marie44
ps what part of the us are you in? i'm in Indiana right now but will be in eastern Oregon in a couple of months.:)

sterico

Loyal Member
Hello sweet amber and a very warm welcome to the F.H.U.K forums.
You will find all our members very friendly
And helpful here and only to happy to help you
Wherever they can. All you need to do is,
Post your questions, along with any information you do have, on the appropriate forums, and our members will do their best to help you.
We at F.H.U.K wish you every success in your research into your ancestoral past, and we hope you enjoy your time on the F.H.U.K forums
Best regards Sterico