• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Fulwood Barracks Update

Littlemo

Thanks to Patrickw I have contacted the Barracks and found out that they do an Ancestry request for £15. they will send you a form to fill in any detailsyou already know & then they do the rest. Personally I think that"s quite good value. Only downside is it takes between 3 & 5 months due to the demand for this service. Also the Barracks Museum is open to the Public, so when the weather improves,I intend visiting. Thanks so much to everyone who replied to my original query,will let you know how I go on

patrickw

hello littlemo,
I'm glad you had a positive response from the barracks and hope your research is fruitful. Im not sure about the price they charge, I spo's it depends on how much you get out of it lol, it could turn out to be excelent value for money.
I wonder if the time scale could be improved by a personal visit. I get over to Preston fairly often and I dont mind popping in for you if you think it might help. Good luck and best wishes
Pat

Littlemo

hello littlemo,
I'm glad you had a positive response from the barracks and hope your research is fruitful. Im not sure about the price they charge, I spo's it depends on how much you get out of it lol, it could turn out to be excelent value for money.
I wonder if the time scale could be improved by a personal visit. I get over to Preston fairly often and I dont mind popping in for you if you think it might help. Good luck and best wishes
Pat[/QUOTE Hi Patrick Thanks ever so much for your very kind offer. My GGrandfather was called Michael Donnelly.He was born in St.Helens Lancs.in 1851. According to the 1871 Census he was a Private in the 47th Lancashire Regiment (of foot) I really want to find out more about him, because as Iv"e been delving into my Family Hiistory Iv"e grown quite fond of Michael for some reason. My GGrandma Elizabeth is down in Census as being born in Calcutta,so i think maybe they met if he was posted to India.Thanks again Patrick Best Wishes Littlemo