• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Gale

juliejtp

Staff member
From
England
I'm looking for a probate record. I would say the London area. Occupation may be glass manufacturer. As for the year I dont know. Could be early ninteen hundreds not earlier. Sorry to be so vague.

Edit: name Ronald Gale.

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Could this be him - it's the only one I can find which mentions glass

Gale Ronald of the Glebe, Sevenoaks, Kent died 11th October 1939. Probate London 24th January 1940 to Elizabeth Ellen Gale widow Ralph Leslie Ronald Gale glass merchant and Geoffrey Alan Gale accountant. Effects £182,791 7s 2d

Emeltee

Forgot to add the GRO ref is

Dec 1939 Sevenoaks 2a 2015 age 73

In 1939 he is down as a Glass Bottle Manufacturer Incapacitated although you'd never guess from the transcription which says Glan Bolle Manufacturer!

Emeltee

No new info but posting this

The Times (London, England)
Saturday, Oct 14, 1939

GALE - On Oct 11, 1939 at The Glebe, Sevenoaks, after a long illness, RONALD GALE, dear husband and companion Of Elizabeth Ellen Gale, aged 73. Funeral at St Mary's Horsell, Woking, today [Saturday] at 12 noon. Will friends kindly accept this as the only intimation.

Last edited:
Friday, Oct 11, 1940

IN MEMORIAM
GALE Ronald - To the dear memory of my husband and companion, who passed on Oct. 11, 1939. So loved, so missed, so mourned by all his family and those he helped.

Last edited:
Dont know if you need or want any of this Julie, but its keeping me out of trouble. If you want the kids name let me know, didnt post them in case they are still alive.

Wednesday, Apr 06, 1949

GALE - On April 2, 1949, at 35 Furscroft W1., Elizabeth Ellen, widow of Ronald Gale, of Sevenoaks, and much loved mother of ***, ***,*** Gale and ***. In her 86th year.

Last edited:
Back