• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Gallagher Family

gibbo

Loyal Member

horse

Loyal Member
Have you seen this?

Hamilton Spectator (Vic. : 1870 - 1918)
Sat 27 Oct 1900
etc etc
Mary Gallagher said : 1 am housekeeper for Mr. Albert Beeson, at Digby. My employer is often away, in fact, he is very seldom at home. I have charge of his four children, ranging in age from 10 years to four years — Annie 10, Jimmy eight, one little girl six, and another four years of age, besides my own baby.etc etc

http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/225689694
Not necessarily much help but possibly keeps Mary in the area in 1903 and confirms the occupation, as does the press report..

Vic. E/R 1903
Mary Gallagher
Subdistrict: Digby
District: Wannon
[Occ = Housekeeper] Not home duties

Geoff

EDIT: We know Albert is in the area in 1904

nathaniel1979

Ive seen that article. Apparently she was assulted by James Smith brother of Martha my gg grandmother & Alberts ex brother in law.

By the article it states his children, which makes me think Ethel & louisa had either died before 1900 or where adopted out

Not necessarily much help but possibly keeps Mary in the area in 1903 and confirms the occupation, as does the press report..

Vic. E/R 1903
Mary Gallagher
Subdistrict: Digby
District: Wannon
[Occ = Housekeeper] Not home duties

Geoff

EDIT: We know Albert is in the area in 1904

gibbo

Loyal Member
There are surviving records for the above hospital. Maybe contacting them could be another step to take. See if they have Mary's records, if there were previous kids she obviously didnt note them on the certificates but may have at the hospital.

https://www.thewomens.org.au/about/our-history/patient-records/
If you contact the above let us know if they find anything please. Im curious about these kids.
A shame we dont have census records like the UK.

Last edited: