• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

G'day all and sundry :)

I live in Tasmania, that small-ish island off the south coast of Australia. I retired many years ago and, as I seem to be losing my hearing I have found chasing my ancestors a very interesting hobby. It also means I meet nice people.
At present, I have a paternal brick wall and I live in hope someone here knows the answers, so I'll go over to another thread and see if anyone can help.
But I'll say here he's name is Henry Gibson and he was born in 1782 in Durham and he's driving me to distraction :D

HaHaha Steve, Did they ever get home again? I haven't found anything interesting like that but a couple of them did end up in the Tower, William Wallis being one of them.
Thank you for your welcome :)

and they were allowed to go over to New Zealand - you know, those funny little islands just about next door to Tasmania? Yes, some vanished into the wilds of Tasmania - and I do mean wilds!
Even today if people go missing in the wilder parts sometimes they are never found. Problem is, if they are dead they offer up a good mean to the animals, and you might as well give up trying to find them.
Others get lost in the caves and sometimes even the rescue workers can't reach them and it's curtains... not a good idea to go off the tracks down here.