• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

george mills - ann

jack

Hi there,
I have a christening for a George Mills, son of George Mills and Ann in 1856 in St Mary's, Reading, Berkshire.
I am looking for the marriage of George Mills to Ann. Not sure of her surname.
George junior was born in Reading, Berkshire according to 1881 census in about 1849.
George senior was shown on his son's marriage certificate in 1872, to be a cook.
Can someone help me out here?

Regards
Jackie

Jackie,

not sure if you missed this on your other thread, but where did you get the christening info for George please?

if you find a birth reg for one of the children, and order that birth cert it will give you MMN so then you should be able to look and possibly find the marriage, but as a rule of thumb the marriage usually takes place around the time of the first child being born. (although this sometimes isnt the case, as some have actually married 10-20yrs after first childs birth)

jack

Hi there,
I got the christening off familysearch site. It was the only one on IGI in Reading, Berkshire.
George junior marriage certificate cites father as being cook, and a George.
George junior is shown as follows:
1871 Census – 34 Flower & Dean Streets, Christchurch, Spitalsfields (Whitechapel District)
“Part of lodging house”
In the household of William Colan
George Mills, 24, lodger, Carman, born Reading

1881 Census – 17 York Street, Greenwich, Kent
George Mills,h,m, 32, b Reading, Berkshire, Ship Fender Maker
Margaret Mills, w,f, 31, B Sunderland, Durham
Elizabeth Mills, d,f,8, b Deptford, Kent, Scholar
Walter Mills, s, m, 2, b Deptford, Kent, Scholar
Margaret Mills, d,f, 1m, b Greenwich, Kent
John Galler, lodger, wid, m,32, basket maker
John S Galler, lodger, m,9, scholar

No one can find him in 1861 or 1851 census.

Regards
Jackie