• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

George PLUNKETT and Anne CONNOR

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
I think they were both born in NSW. They also died in NSW but the trees don't agree on middle name, parents, birth and death for Anne. George's middle name is Werner.

NSW Marriage 2874/1885 PLUNKETT GEORGE W - CONNOR ANNE J - NEWTOWN

NSW Birth 26756/1893 PLUNKETT ALMA - GEORGE W - ANN J - NEWTOWN

The Sydney Morning Herald - Wednesday 24 October 1984 p.35
DEATHS
BAUER, Alma.-October 22, 1984, (suddenly at Nursing Home, Strathfield), late of Epping, formerly of North Ryde, widow of William, beloved mother and mother-in-law of Ruth and Ray Gardiner, Gloria and Les Medo, loved sister of Hilda Andrews and Vera James and of Leslie, Oswald, Werner (Wal), and Sydney Plunkett, Rena Giggs, Olive Bauer and Maisie Lee (all deceased), loved sister-in-law of Edna and Monica Plunkett. Aged 91 years. Awaiting the Resurrection.

Siblings listed there so that might help find the right middle name for Ann/Anne.

George died 1952. So, born abt 1858.

PLUNKETT George Werner Death notice 15JUN1952 Death 94 late of Lane Cove Sydney Morning Herald 16JUN1952

The Sydney Morning Herald - Monday 16 June 1952 p.10
DEATHS
PLUNKETT George Werner.-June 15, 1952, at his home, Lane Cove, husband of the late Ann Jane and loved father of Les, Hilda, Rena, Alma, Os (deceased), Werner, Olive, Vera, Syd and Maisie, aged 94 years.

So, it's Ann Jane not Ann Josephine.

The Sydney Morning Herald - Monday 8 August 1938 p.10
DEATHS
PLUNKETT.-August 5, 1938, at Lane Cove, Ann Jane, beloved wife of George Werner and beloved mother of George, Leslie, Oswald (deceased) Werner, Sydney, Hilda, Rema, Alma Olive, Vera and Maisie, aged 74 years.

I'm stuck for birth and death reg because I have no access to NSW BMD - again. :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Dave

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaveHam9 Deaths 2
DaveHam9 Old Photo's 1
DaveHam9 Deaths 15
DaveHam9 Travel and Migration 10
DaveHam9 Deaths 3
DaveHam9 Australia & New Zealand Genealogy Roots 31