• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

george shorter

From
England
hi all
i would be very gratefull if any one could help me with any infomation on my g g grandfather HENRY SHORTER, whom i believe was in the 6th of foot (royal warwickshire regiment but also had service with the royal berks regiment and army reserve b, pre ww1 and west yorks and labour battalions and possible the royal berks again . in ww1.
there is some sugestion that at some point he was a rsm but unkown when.
i believe he was born on 27th of january around 1870/1880 in islewoth. i believe he travelled with the army to bermuda , nova scotia, malta and south africa pre ww1 to name a few. but i cant seem to find any documents with service numbers

please help, very stumped
Andy

hi julie
yes he did marry a maltese lady . i believe her name was maria'carmella gouder together they had a few children, my great grand mother maude evelina shorter b 1901 or 1902 and some others . cant remember off the top of my head. i have the family tree on the maltese side going back to early 1700's but its at home ( i'am being bored at work at the minute)
what else did you manage to find if any thing ?????

how did you find his details . i've been looking for ages!!!!!.
my father did mention he might have come from oxfordshire ( something to do with farming) but my nan said london but she's getting on a bit now bless her didnt know who to believe:D

thanks julie , i have now done that.
if anybody else by chance is looking for infomation on the same man i have family tree dating back to 1730 ( ish ) on the maltese side and would be glad to share any details .
surnames include
gouder,
busuttil,
spagnol,
bonnici
bilocca,
to name a few

Bizarrely , I believe the maltese lady , Maude Shorter you are talking about is also my great grand mother. If so , she married Harry Mellar , lived in Slough all her marital life, died about 1997. She had a younger brother called George who only died 2 years ago.

Back