• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Ghost with a limp.

leefer

Loyal Member
I saw in a magazine that money makers in the 12th century in England were highly paid and well rewarded...there were mints all over the country...but if you got caught fiddling or stealing the punishment was losing your manhood and one of your hands!...in some cases death.
So if your out one night and you see a ghostly fugure with one arm and a limp dont ask him if he has any coins for parking.

marie44

I saw in a magazine that money makers in the 12th century in England were highly paid and well rewarded...there were mints all over the country...but if you got caught fiddling or stealing the punishment was losing your manhood and one of your hands!...in some cases death.
So if your out one night and you see a ghostly fugure with one arm and a limp dont ask him if he has any coins for parking.
and the think they've got it bad now. lol

duckweed

Loyal Member
I don't think the coin stampers were well paid. I'm pretty sure Tony Robinson had them in the list of worst jobs. Boring hard work and on piecework with the likelihood of losing a hand if you tried to make a bit of money on the side.