• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Ghosts.I

leefer

Loyal Member
I dont really believe in them...though i did believe i saw a ghost once in my life...have convinced myself it was my imagination.
While walking out on my own one evening,still light but maybe near dusk i found myself following a lady dressed in a cream rain mac with a matching head scarfe,funny thing was she looked like she was dressed from the fiftees..she looked old fashioned but in a smart way.
As i got abit nearer to her i sensed she was getting abit nervous of me and as i always do crossed the road usually with old people so she wouldnt get nervous..she turned and glanced at me..she looked abit like Joan Collins the actress...and then she was gone..in a second..my heart thumped and i felt a tad scared...too this day i still dont know what happened...i feel ghosts are a natural photograph of the past...like a print on natural film,we see many but its only the abnormal scary ones that get our attention..the others dont bother us.............anyone got any storys or feelings?

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hi Lee
Yep no surprise im replying to this post.:biggrin: I do believe... to much has happened over the years for it to be a coincidence. The things that i have felt and seen have never scared me until we bought a house that come with its own entertainment. Knocking on walls, toaster turned upside down during the night, tv switching on and off, lights on and off, glasses smashed, someone tapping our shoulders but no one there, sliding door opening and closing, kids saying there is someone in their room but they couldnt see them. We moved out after 3 months!
I have had some comforting moments with some loved ones. I was really close to my mother-in-law and we sadly lost her 8 months ago. A few weeks after she died i was sorting her stuff out and i was getting pretty upset when all of a sudden i could feel her hug me. I didnt know if this was just me been emotional or not but later my hubby rang [he works away from home] and said he had been woken up by his mother hugging him. I think it was her way of letting us know she is still with us.
I have seen "people" who are there one second and then gone. I once had a car following me out on a highway and i was going mad about it tailgating me. The kids just ignored me as i usually whinge when im driving but then they took note when i said the car behind us had literally disappeared. We did a u-turn and went to check it out but it had just gone. No car in the bush, no car on the side of the road. It was just gone! It is now called the "ghost car".

gibbo P.S. I am totally sane!!

pejay

Valued Member
Not sure on this one I guess I keep an open mind on the subject. I have always [so far] found a rational explanation of what could have happened, but I have watched some really awful programmes on TV claiming to be genuine which are obviously pure fabrication. It is a very interesting subject though. On the same subject I watched a programme also on TV quite a while ago which showed how it was possible to make people disappear through a wall. :)

duckweed

Loyal Member
I remember they did a huge experiment in Edinburgh Castle which is reputed to have the biggest number of ghost sightings and came up with absolutely nothing. On the other hand I believe humans can create for themselves eery feelings. I remember being on one side of the divide of the east west german border before the wall fell and feeling the hairs rise on the back of my neck.