• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Give up my research? NO WAY

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hello everyone,

With this family research, has anyone felt like just giving it all up? I feel like it sometimes and then i get the smallest bit of information that comes in and it opens up a whole 6 months work, and then i think im good and quiet proud of myself for hanging in there with it. It gives me a new lease of life and im back into it. Hooked on it? Yes! keeps me out of hubby's hair? Yes![if he had hair] met new people? Yes! keeps me off the phone? Yes! Is the ironing done? NO!!! but who really cares i found out what the relatives were doing and where they were in 1800's. Give up my research, NO WAY!!:biggrin:

Gibbo

nainmaddie

Loyal Member
Hi Gibbo
I did actually give up on my Welsh family tree for many years. It is still in the attic. When I have finished my late husband's family tree I will get it out again and resume where I left off. There were 3 Robert Jones in the same small village. so you feel like putting a pin in someone's name and taking it for yourself. Also many of the Welsh records are not online yet so taking a week's trip to Aberystwyth has to be thought about very carefully.
Many years ago I did an Advanced Welsh family history course there and the American morman chap in charge of welsh parish records was also on the course. He gave the impression that they would be working on those records urgently. Perhaps I will give it a try and see what happens.
Nainmaddie

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi

Never give up. Ever. Genealogy is so rewarding and no doubt I will one day break down many brickwalls, especially my George Coombs one.

Ben