• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Goodden

Hi
I am looking for possible living relatives of the Goodden family also the Pagram and Mancktelow families including spelling variations I can be found on ancestry.co.uk family tree Goodped2
Any information would be much appreciated

I already have I think most of the Dorset / Somerset Gooddens, but there are so many in other places I am sure that we are all related.
they are the people that I am most interested in.
Greatful for any help possible
chris

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
What sort of year have you got back to with the Gooddens. Is it pre - 1780's.

Trying to connect all the Gooddens will be challenge before the 1780's.

I say 1780's, because if you are lucky enough to have someone surviving up to, or past the 1851/61 census, there will be some modicum of truth of their age and place of birth and death.

Until you give us some dates, it's hard enough to give any factual information. Except the whereabouts of scattered potential relatives. You will only find what we find, so that's not that helpful really.

Steve.:)

//

Hi
I have information going back to 1551 thanks to a cousin , but there is a lot of Goodden's out there that may be distantly related and able to help with other branches of the family any living Goodden can find me on ancestry.co.uk. like I say any help would be great.
Chris Goodden

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
You're also up against the variation of the surname, such Goodwin, Godwin, Goolden, Goulden, Gooden etc etc....and the dialect's of the different areas. Where names were often written as heard.

Have you verified the information given going back to 1551. No disrespect intended, but hopefully it's based on actual facts and not fanciful thinking/logic.

Are you thinking of doing a 'Single surname name study'.

Steve.:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Help for Names or Surnames 2
C FHUK General Chat Room 8