• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Google Streets

Hi all,

I've just checked out Google streets. It is on Google maps and allows you to walk down certain streets in some cities and suburban areas. It is almost like walking down the streets and i think it is amazing. :)

I have already seen some of the streets in which some of my ancestors were born and lived. The only flaw is that not everywhere is covered (hopefully this will change) and of course it is modern age so there will be many differences compared to when our ancestors were alive.

I recommend that you try it out. It is great fun even just for wondering around foreign cities. :D

Glees :) :2fun: :)

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi

It is a very good site. I have viewed the streets in London that I have not yet visited where my ancestors used to live.

Ben

Littlemo

Hi Glees,
What a great idea, I will certainly give it a go. I had heard about it on the Radio, but I wouldn"t have thought about using it in connection with my Family History Research. Cheers mate,
Happy Hunting ;)
Littlemo

dave6023

I've used it to see where gtgrand & grandparents lived in London, though it looks like their actual houses may have been destroyed in the Blitz. The streets being Vauxhall Walk & Vauxhall Street in Lambeth.