• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Grandfather Mckinnon

choirgirl

Could some one please help me. I am looking for my grandfather on my mother's side. The details I have already are

The marriage certificate of my grandparents stating that my grandfather was called HARRY NEAL McKINNON year of birth 1898. This also states that his father had the same name HARRY NEAL McKINNON he was deceased by the time my grandparents married. my mothers recollection seems to be that he was born in a croft on the Isle of skye

This man has stumped me for years. family history on my father side goes back to 1370, so now it is mothers turn.

Any one please help. I would be really grateful.

thank you

choirgirl

Last edited:

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi, Cannot find any Harry Neal Mckinnon on the 1901 and 1891 Scottish Census. There are some Neil's which arew crofters in Inverness. Have you tried Scotlandspeople? you will need credits to view the info, I registered with them yesterday and am quite looking forward to finding out about my Scottish ancestors. See link below.

http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/?gclid=CKXV5v31pI0CFQfclAodtz_JtQ

Julie