• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Great day

g d cooper

Loyal Member
Had a great day today spent to many hours in the UNE Heritage Centre and Regional Archives. I was there to research for uni but got sidetracked a number of times will be going again for sure. Well worth a visit if you have ancestors from the New England well worth a visit. While I had no need to use them there was a pair of white gloves for our use, yes my first visit to a Archive but won't be my last.

Glen.:biggrin:

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Good to hear, Glen.

I have nieces and nephews in Tamworth so I'll send one of them because they are closer. :biggrin:

gaelwyn

Valued Member
What do you mean by the New England? For me that is the first 13 states, found on the northeast coast.
Rune
Hi Rune,
The term New England seems to apply in all settlements of the British empire :biggrin:
I used to live at the entrance to the Hastings River, in Port Macquarie.
The New England Tablelands is a diverse and beautiful region

"On 22 May 1839 the New England District was gazetted thus: New England District: Bounded on the east by a line north by compass from the top of Werrikimber Mountain which is at the head of the Hastings River; on the south by a line west by compass from the top of Werrikimber Mountain to the Great Dividing Range; on the west by the western extreme of the Great Dividing Range so as to include the Tableland and on the north the boundary is indefinite."

gibbo

Loyal Member
I havent been to a archives as yet :( Unless i count the very small local one here. But i want to go to one where i get gloves to wear :biggrin:

Edward

Valued Member
http://www.knightroots.co.uk/transcriptions/Parishes_S/Southampton_St_Mary/Baptisms/baptisms.htm

Hi Glen....save me putting it on another post but i was researching a bit and come across this link.....the earliest baptism for Cooper is James in 1755.

Long list but worth a gander if you have not seen it.....almost certainly all your Coopers from Itchen and the surround.

All the best..Lee
Many thanks for the link Lee lots of Cozens and Parker's in there as well I hadn't found that list so many thanks for that.

Ed

g d cooper

Loyal Member
I havent been to a archives as yet :( Unless i count the very small local one here. But i want to go to one where i get gloves to wear :biggrin:
Hi gibbo: I did think of asking what I'd need the gloves for so I could ask for a look, but thought I'd better stay focused on what I went for. Will be going back at the end of the week to get some photos of documents might just ask for something realy old hmmmmmmmmmmmm. :2fun::2fun:

Glen:biggrin: