• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Great G.Father/G.Mother John Martin Tamblyn & Laura

I am trying to find out more with regard to my maternal Gt. Grandfather, John Martin Tamblyn & his wife Laura (Nee Wollacott).
John was born c1866 in Somerset & Laura c1858 in Newton, Devon. They married 1884 at St Margarets Church, Aberdare and were living at 26, Stream Street, Aberdare.In 1886 a daughter (my grandmother) Lily Amelia was born in Newport, but from then on John & Laura seem to have disappeared as in the 1891 census Lily was living with John's sister Rose Daniels & her husband Thomas in Mynyddyslwyn. In the 1901 census Lily was still living with the Daniels (in Bedwas) but they had added family in the way of children from her fathers (William Tamblyn) 2nd marriage to a Mary Harris (who had both died)Percy & Thomas Tamblyn plus children from Mary's 1st marriage Arthur & Sidney Harris. Lily herself married John Bartlett in 1906.
What happened to John & Laura as nether of them appear in 1891/1901 or 1911 census ?
Did they emigrate to USA, Australia or somewhere else ?
There is a possibilty (unconfirmed) that John was in the 24th Welsh Regiment
and if so was he posted abroad ?
Any help would be very much appreciated.