• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Great Grandfather - Any help would be much appreciated

Great Grandfather - Any help would be much appreciated

Hello everyone. This is my first post and I’m fairly new to this genealogy game (a couple of months). Here is my first major snag:

I have the marriage certificate for my paternal grandfather’s parents. Here are the details

Date: 30th March 1907
Place: St. Andrew's Church, Minley, Hampshire, England
Groom: Walter James Horne Edwards | 26 | Bachelor | Electrician | Minley
Bride: Laura Maud Watts | 24 | Spinster | / | Minley
Groom’s Father: John James Edwards | Deceased
Bride’s Father: James Watts | Farmer

My problem is that I am unable to find any records at all for [Walter James Horne Edwards] other that marriages, I have checked births, deaths and censuses until I went boss-eyed. I would be very appreciative if anyone with a bit more experience could give me some hints as to how I can find out some information about him.

I don’t believe that ‘Horne’ is usually used as a given/middle name. I thought that as his father is listed as ‘deceased’, his mother may have remarried to someone with the surname ‘Horne’ which he put before the Edwards. Or maybe the opposite?? Despite extensive searching, I haven’t found anything in the records to support this theory.

Please help me ><. Of all the lines that I am currently researching, this is the one that I am most eager to trace as it is the one that carries my surname -_-"

Thanks in advance.