• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

great great grandad

deisel

I have found out that my great great grandad Samuel lived in a mill and brought the land around it. It Was in Stretton en la field they moved their from Derbyshire . Samuel and ellen Taylor. How do i find out when they lived their and if they died there.

gwenythgreen

Valued Member
I have found out that my great great grandad Samuel lived in a mill and brought the land around it. It Was in Stretton en la field they moved their from Derbyshire . Samuel and ellen Taylor. How do i find out when they lived their and if they died there.
Hi Deisel,

Have you tried the census, when was Samuel born, what county is Stretton en la Field in? sorry so many questions but I need tjis info to look, Another suggestion is the land registry if they owned the property.

Gwen :)

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi it was in northwest leicestershire and to the other question i am not sure if it was in the doomday book .
Hi Diesel,

Did you have a look at the link. In 2001 census it had a population of 36, so if it was that small then, I doubt if it was much bigger when your Gt.Gt. Grandfather was there.
So I think that will quite considerably narrow your search area.
I doubt if there were many mills about in a small community of that size.

Try here as well:- http://www.le.ac.uk/lahs/

Steve.:)