• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Guess Who?

leefer

Loyal Member

Hi everyone,hope you dont mind me posting this ugly mug:biggrin:

I didn't have any photo's of myself as a child up until recently,my mums sister found this one hidden away and i recieved it a few days ago:)
My wife Donnami and my children are well chuffed as we have at least a reminder of the younger version of the handsome older version they are stuck with nowredf)redf)

This was taken of me aged about three just before being put into council care,it was in my Nanny Hardimans/nee Halke back garden in Salisbury Wilts.
She did her best to keep me and my younger sister at hers before we were taken away.
The next time i saw her was twenty five years later...a few months before she died,a little while after tracking down my mother............one of her daughters.(Betty one of her other daughters sent me this photo and the marriage certificate of ol Genger:2fun:)
I didn't know her husband my grandad Hardiman...he was an Engine driver driver,and by all accounts a real tough nut.

Hope the mods dont mind me posting the pic,no probs if they are not happy.

So in short little boy in back garden of a Salisbury Council house..........circa 1965:eek:

Regards all:)

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
How could anyone object, to seeing a thumb sucking, curly haired little chap as that.
Sweeeet. Shame he had to grow up.>:D:2fun::2fun::2fun:

Great picture Lee, hope you find one or two more.;):)

leefer

Loyal Member
How could anyone object, to seeing a thumb sucking, curly haired little chap as that.
Sweeeet. Shame he had to grow up.>:D:2fun::2fun::2fun:

Great picture Lee, hope you find one or two more.;):)
Thanks Steve and Tranquil,my Aunt Betty has informed me she has one more photo with me in a pram with my little sister,when i get my hands on it i will show it.

tranquil9903

Sorry,but you would have had small hands and it looks a bit much distance from your wrist to your mouth.It doesn't look like you can actually see your hand-just the background.I wonder if you were having a carrot snack?.Do you happen to have a magnifying glass?...:rolleyes:

leefer

Loyal Member
Well not long after this photo was taken i ended up with straight hair and curley teeth,so maybe i picked up an old battery and nibbled on that:biggrin:

duckweed

Loyal Member
How nice to get a photo. My husband is always saying to me he is interested in how I looked as a child. Fortunately or unfortunately I have loads because I inherited my doting granny's collection of family photos and my parents sent her photos at regular intervals. I suppose I will eventually have to scan them in and put them on my facebook page now my brothers done his.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Perhaps we should have a 'rogues gallery' of our earliest photo's.

I remember one of me aged about 6, and naked, stood in a pair of my Dads wellies. Sadly it has got lost now, not that I'd put it on here though.:eek::biggrin:

Steve.:)