• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Hall Family

I am trying to trace my mothers family history as she has never been told about it.

I have been helped to find her mothers side of the family through a kind member of this forum and hope someone can help with her fathers side.

Information we have
Fathers Name : George Leslie Hall, Born May 1907 in Masborough, Rotherham
Mothers Name: Ada Broomhead , Born Dec 1907 in Scholes, Rotherham

George Leslie Hall was born to Tom Morgan Hall and Sarah Hall, according to the 1911census Tom Morgan Hall was 40 and Sarah Hall was 35 they had 5 children at the time of the census

Tom Morgan Hall was born in 1871 in Cinderford, Gloucestershire and was a coal miner.
Sarah Hall, nee Cook was born in 1876 in West Melton, Rotherham

Here is where the story gets a bit weird, as far as I have found Tom Morgan Hall lived with his Uncle and Aunt , Joseph Hall and Jane Hall, according to the 1891 census Jane Hall was born in 1841in Hanley Staffordshire.

Why was Tom Morgan Hall living with his aunt and uncle?

The only other information my mother can recall was that her fathers family originate from Wales and came to Yorkshire to work in the coal mines but she would love to know about the welsh history.

If anyone can help I would be extremely grateful.