• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Handwriting Comparison

Lynn68

From
England
Hey there.

Any budding handwriting experts out there?

I have 2 offerings of handwriting but cant be sure if its from the same man...my grandfather.

I can upload if there are any volunteers who can have a look and can confirm its from the same hand or not.

This would mean an awful lot as at the moment im thinking he was a total loser/bigamist who ran out on 2 wives and 4 children and would like to prove myself wrong.

Lynn

Thanks guys, ive attached 4 pics.

2 are from a book given to my grandmother in 1921 by the man she later married.

The others are from a RNVR card which I think may belong to the same man.

Any help welcome.

Attachments

• Norman_Edward_Sandiford_1928.jpg
    Norman_Edward_Sandiford_1928.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Norman_Edward_Sandiford_1930.jpg
    Norman_Edward_Sandiford_1930.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20140407_112157.jpg
    20140407_112157.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 20140407_112207.jpg
    20140407_112207.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 2
Looking at the "N" of the signature of N E Sandiford on the bottom right card and the "N" of the book inscription, they seem totally different. There can be no certainty who completed the rest of the cards so any comparison is unsound.

Of course, it could be that Norman gave his name a romantic flourish when he signed the book.

I think the only text written by N E Sandiford on the top two cards is the signature and these tend to be nothing like 'normal' writing.
A suggested the lower Norman could have been 'flowered' as part of the dedication.
So I suggest you would need more text definitely from the person of interest, sorry not to be more helpful but to be sure you would need a lot more text.

peter

Back