• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Hanley

Hi. Hope everyone well and coping through these hard times. I am going round and round in circles with the Hanley family who, at one time, resided in Burnley, Lancashire. According to 1939 register John (Joseph) Hanley was living in Cricket St, Burnley, and his birth date was 13/5/1872, with his wife Selina, it appears he married Selina in 1907 Burnley. Found him on 1911 census with Selina and his occupation was Boatman on Leeds/Liverpool canal, supposedly born in Liverpool @1872. Have checked birth records for around 1872 but can only find one birth in 1876 in Liverpool (no mother's maiden given) and one for 1878 in Burnley, mmn Marshall. This is a few years out with the years given on the records I have found. One record I have found shows him as John Hanley and another as John Joseph Hanley. Have checked birth records for surname variation, ie. Henley, Healey, and still can't find any. Is there anyone researching this family, or has any info on John's parents which may kick start my research.