• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Harris family from prussia

Hello Ann - yes you are spot on - my maiden name was Stoker and I was born in 1936 - perhaps the name Carson could be a matter of convenience??!!
Of course I did see your private email Treetopsearcher but I couldn't work out how to respond, I will try again, probably on Saturday.
I am fairly sure Leah, our great grandmother, must have come from Berlin because my mother. when she stayed with me in Cheshire, said she remembered her grannie saying with tears in her eyes "the roses in Berlin will be beautiful now".
I also learned (second-hand) in my early twenties that my grandfather had come from White Russia hidden in a sack when he was 6 years old. I guess that would make it in the early 1880s. I probably misled you Treetopsearcher when I suggested it was my greatgrandfather, I think it more likely it was Isaac not Moses Morris.
I will be in touch but in the meantime my best wishes to you both - Leroca.

Greetings from across the pond! I am so excited to find this info! I'm new at this, but recently found that Moses and Leah Morris were my great-grandparents via my grandmother, Rebecca Florence Morris Blewett. She ended up in California and I'm in Oklahoma. Would love more info (and photos!) if you can provide. My dad never mentioned much about his mom's family- apparently my grandmother's Jewish roots were the family secret. I do have an old photo of Rebecca's brother, Jacob (Jack) and of course some of Rebecca.

Hi

welcome

to the forum

The posters on this thread have not been on line since Nov 2011. Your best bet is to make two more posts. Shortly after making your third post your user name will turn from blue to green indicating hat you have more features of the site open to you. You can then send a private message to the posters, and exchange email addresses etc

dave

Name: Rebecca Morris
Estimated birth year: abt 1877
Relation: Daughter
Father's name: Moses Morris
Mother's name: Leah Morris
Where born: Dover

Civil Parish: Spitalfields
County/Island: London

Street address: 9 Shepherd St Biulds

Registration district: Whitechapel
Sub-registration district: Spitalfields

Moses Morris 55 Germany, traveller
Leah Morris 44 Germany, traveller
Simon Morris 17 Sunderland Tailor
Annie Morris 15 London City, Domestic
Ester Morris 13 London City
Sarah Morris 11 Plymouth
Abraham Morris 8 London City
Jacob Morris 6 Dover
Rebecca Morris 4 Dover

dave

This jives with the info I have. Thanks, Dave!

Hi

welcome

to the forum

The posters on this thread have not been on line since Nov 2011. Your best bet is to make two more posts. Shortly after making your third post your user name will turn from blue to green indicating hat you have more features of the site open to you. You can then send a private message to the posters, and exchange email addresses etc

dave

Thank you; will give that a try!

Hi I have just seen the latest post regarding Leah & Moses Morris, they were my great grandparents, they had 8 children, Esther born 1867......Kate born 1871......Ellen born 1875.......Annie born 1877.......Samuel born 1881........Sophia born 1882.......Minnie born 1884.......Rosa who was my grandmother was the youngest born 1887. If you would like to know more let me know as I have certificates & some photos that might be of interest to you as I did quite a lot of research on my family history, Leah was born in Germany & Moses was born in Russia, hope this is of help.

Do you know what Leah's maiden name although I have to say that most of the names were anglicised when they arrived in the UK, if they marry up there could be a connection via Moses & his brothers & sisters as they all arrived in London before branching out to other parts of the country

Back