• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Harry Hale

gibbo

Loyal Member
I am looking for the service records for a Harry Hale. We have little info to go on at the moment. He served in WW1. He was born approx 1881. His wifes name was Edith and from what i can work out he would have lived in Yorkshire. He was suposedly wounded [not killed] during the war but this has not been confirmed, just hear say passed down the family line. Looking for any type of info available as at the moment we have no service number or unit etc.

gibbo

Minden

Need a few more clues, mate.

On Ancestry there are around 15 MIC's for Harry Hale, loads more if Harry was short for Henry, or if he had a middle name. The only Yorkshire Regt Harries both died. There are three possible marriages to Ediths in Yorkshire (all Huddersfield, Q1 1907, and 2 in Q4 1909).

If you had any clue what he did for a living that might help, but otherwise it's just a process of elimination that will, I think, leave us with about 6 alternatives.

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hi Minden,
I emailed my aunt earlier tonight to see if she had any further info that may help. Hopefully she may have something so will see when she gets back to me. Thanks for looking

gibbo