• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Has anyone else come across this?

I have a slight conundrum..I have an 1881 census reading of someone who was not born until 1883..the birth cert says she was not born until then..it is not a transcription error ..has anyone else had this on their searches?:)

Hi ST
It could be that she was born c1881 died 1881/2 and the next born child in 1883 was given the same name. It was common practice to do this.
The 1911 census may give an indication if this was the case as it will give the number of children born, and the number still living.

dave

Hi ST
It could be that she was born c1881 died 1881/2 and the next born child in 1883 was given the same name. It was common practice to do this.
The 1911 census may give an indication if this was the case as it will give the number of children born, and the number still living.

dave
I had thought that but wasnt sure, thanks for the tip I'll check the 1911 census now.:)