• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Hawkey family Tregony cornwall

seeking information on parents or the brothers and sisters of Richard Bathilo Hawkey, Born around 1775 in Cornwall, died 1863 in Tregony, he apperars to be my great great great grandfather, he married Thomasine Johns in 1802

thanks

Last edited:
Hi Julie

My error it should have been Richard, I have names all over my desk, and no I have not tried the link you gave me but i will now...thanks....tried the opc, drew a blank...thanks

Mike

Last edited:
Hi!
I have come across Richard Bolitho Hawkey in my researches. His wife, Thomasine Johns, was the sister of my direct ancestor, Honor Johns. She married John Parkin in Tregony around 1814. I have info on the Johns family if that would help.

Linda

Kinshar

Hi
There is this link to a group on facebook called
“We are hawkey”
http://ja-jp.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2221300248

From IGI extracted from records entries

Richard Bolitho Hawkey 1771-1863
Mother ~ Mary Hawkey
Christened 15 April 1744 Broadoak Cornwall
Parents ~ John Hawkey & Eliz.

John Hawkey & Elizabeth Buddy were married 17 Aug 1741 St Neots Cornwall
John Hawkey
Christened 2 July 1706 Broadoak Cornwall
Parents ~ Richard Hawkey & Loveday

Richard Hawkey & Loveday Willcock were married 1 July 1704 Broadoak Cornwall

Hi Linda

Anything you have would be welcome.

Mike
Hi! The Johns family came from Veryan, a village near Tregony. Thomasine's parents were William and Thomasine (nee Williams). They married on 3.5.1773
Their children were
William bap 8.3.1774 married Elizabeth Retallack
Thomasine bap 11.1.1778 married Richard Bolitho Hawkey in 1802, bur 26.11.1843. They lived at Tregony.
John bap 9.7.1780 married Rachel Blamey
Honor bap 12.3.1786 married John Parkin 14.1.1816, buried 8.2.1857. They also lived at Tregony.

There is an 1821 pre-census and an 1841 census for Veryan on www.rootsweb.com

Children of R. B. Hawkey and Thomasine I've noted are
Elizabeth bap 1804/5, married Richard Bamfield
Ann Louisa Jane bap 2.12.1815
Amelia Thomasine bap 21.12.1818
There may be more. Richard is described as a schoolmaster in the Tregony parish registers and as a retired schoolmaster on the 1851 Census.

All events at Veryan (Johns) or Cuby-Tregony.
Linda::)

I have just come across the same family while looking up my mum's cousin's family.
His father was Harold Hawkey, grandfather Richard Hawkey born London c1855. Richard's father was William Edward Hawkey, tailor, born Tregony c1821 and I believe his father was Richard Bolitho Hawkey born Tregony either 1770 or 1776, who married Thomasine Johns.
But I've only found all this out via the internet today, so can't help with getting any further back.
I suspect this will require a trip to the record office. I have also just looked Tregony up on the map and realised it is where we stopped for an excellent pub meal on holiday in 2005!