• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Headaches and Brick Walls!

ptjw7

Loyal Member
When I first started on my family tree I was told that the name Smith was the hardest to locate and follow but my great grandfather was easy as his name was Job.
Now years later I am looking at some of his children that I cannot find the going off.:(
They are William Smith b 1878 - m 1909 to Emma Eastwick - no children and then no sign of them.

Ellen Smith b 1887 - 1891 and 1901 census and then nothing.

Harry Smith b 1880 - 1881 and 1891 census and then nothing.

All 3 have the single forename which makes it impossible to sure of anything :mad: - Still I keep coming back for more(must be mad :2fun:)

Its a lot easier if they named the children with several forenames - Oh well can't have everything!

Peter

Edit All births were in Ponders End, Enfield Middlesex! If that helps(didn't for me)

Last edited:

emeltee

Loyal Member
RG14PN7409
19, Harman Road, Bush Hill Park, Enfield
William Smith 33 Nursery Man Ponders End
Emma Elizabeth 44 Enfield

Still in Enfield in 1939

Emeltee

emeltee

Loyal Member
I have found Harry Smith's Army Service Record.
He enlisted 5t Oct 1910 aged 30 and served in the 7th Dragoon Guards.
He was a Police Constable when he enlised, giving his address as Police Station, Lewisham.
He received a head wound in December 1914 and was discharged 4 October 1915 - reason given as Termination of period of engagement.
He gives his father Job Smith of 2 Boundary Cottages, Ponders End as his next of Kin

Emeltee