• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Heaven's very special child

romany rose

Valued Member
Gibbo,
I can only apologise for not seeing this post earlier.a child who is in want of a little extra care and love-is a very special child to behold,the love that they give back to us comes with serenity,hopefulness and contentment.
This I know ,my kinfolk had born into our family a downs syndrome baby,that baby grew up in our family and community,recieving love, cuddles and words of encouragement everyday for the 21 years of his life,and during those 21 years he returned every smile,laugh,and cuddle given him-tenfold.
remember to take care of each other,to enjoy every moment together
may God bless you
Romany Rose X
Steven`s teacher (who at that time was the only elder who could read)wrote this for his parents ,it was placed in Steven`s crib when he was born

Jesus,Lord above,
may this child be blessed as we are too,with love to suround him,loved ones to care for him,
when he should cry ,wipe his tears with a golden cloth so that those tears will become another sun ray
when he laughs,let us laugh with him
when he sleeps,Lord watch over him ,so that we may sleep too
we ask this of you dear Lord,so that we may continue to love and cherish this special gift from you.

gibbo

Loyal Member
Im heading to Townsville in the morning to meet my new grandson :biggrin:

He has to stay in Townsville for a couple of days just as a precaution that the flight has had no affect on his heart then he can come home.

One very happy grandma :)

gibbo

Loyal Member
Thought i would finish this thread off with a couple of recent photos of our precious grandson. Still a long road to go with a couple of operations ahead of him but for now he is doing wonderfully.

Last edited:
Hi Gibbo ,
I have just caught up with this thread, being new, I am still getting used to the forum.

Congratulations on your grandson's birth, he is such a gorgeous little fellow.:)
I know from experience just how much pleasure and love grandchildren bring with them. We have all enjoyed our own children growing up, but grandchildren are soooooooooo special, aren't they? Enjoy the cuddles.

My heartfelt good wishes for your little grandson's continuing good health.

Juniper.

Gibbo, I'm sure I'm not the only one that would say, "THANK YOU" for allowing us to be included in this part of your family life. I feel honoured and privileged. Time has flown by since a certain lady was called 'Snow White'?:biggrin:
Best wishes to you all.
Brian

I've only just seen this but congratulations on the safe arrival of your gorgeous grandson, he's lovely, the look on his face in that picture of him in the bath is just great.

It sounds like he's had a rough start but has plenty of love around him. My friend's son has DS but that's just a tiny part of him, the joy he brings far outweighs anything else, you can't help but smile around him.

Looking forward to hearing how he gets one :)

gibbo

Loyal Member
My little mate took sick 10 days ago. A chest infection but with his heart condition they couldnt take any chances with him and more so when his blood oxygen levels dropped. He was flown to Townsville by the medic chopper were he was in ICU for a few days then in childrens ward for a couple of days. Thankfully he was well enough to come home Friday.

Back in his own bed :)

Last edited:

horse

Loyal Member
That's good news, Gibbo.. Always a worry when kiddies are ill, more so if they have other complications.

All the best to your family..

Geoff