• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Hello everyone

Hello, my name is Carol. I live in Darlington, Western Australia. I am writing a family history to pass on to my children and grandchildren. When I was a young bride, travelling to Australia from England was a huge adventure, I thought little of the fact that I would leave behind more than friends and family. My entire family has now "disappeared" from Hereford. Neither of my sibblings had children, my father and mother followed me to live in Australia. My father is deceased and my mother has returned to live in UK, but has chosen to live in the Isle of Wight. As you can imagine, researching has been difficult - with only my mother's verbal history of the family to rely on. So I am very glad to have found this page, and hope that I will be able to find some people to connect with who may be able to let a little light into my research.
Regards
Carol

sterico

Loyal Member
Hi

Welcome to the FHUK forums.
We wish you continued success in your research, and may your brick walls be demolished!
If you require help all you need to do is,
Post your requests, with as much information as you already have, on the appropriate forum/s, and our friendly and helpful members will help you as much as they can.
Again welcome and we hope you enjoy your time here on FHUK.
Best regards sterico

JMR

Valued Member
Hi Carol,

I live in Melbourne and have had similar experience with all my UK relatives gone now. Welcome to FHUK! Have fun and if you post on the relevant boards, I'm sure you will get some leads very soon.

Cheers,
Jill