• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Hello Everyone

gedcom

Hello everyone, I joined the forum a few moments ago and look forward to finding my way around.

I have been researching my tree on and off for several years, but am always ready to learn something new and perhaps will even be lucky enough to make contact with someone who is connected to me.

My research names are my maternal ancestors from Lincolnshire (Jarvis and Harpham) and my paternal ancestors from Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire (Whitney, Slater and Simmons).

I am semi-retired, a grandmother and my hobbies (aside from family history)are gardening and reading.

I am a dog lover and have just had a big blow as my beloved 6 year old Labrador, Amber, has just been diagnosed with Lung Cancer.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Gedcom

JMR

Valued Member
hi Gedcom,

Welcome to FHUK! So sorry to hear about your dog, I hope there's something the vet can do to help her.

Good luck with your research!
Jill

Hi Gedcom

Welcome and good luck with your search. So sorry to hear about your darling dog.
I know just how you feel. We lost one of our shelties from cancer 3 years ago. I do hope
The vet can help your beloved. If you need a shoulder please send me a private message

Best wishes
Gwenyth

sterico

Loyal Member
Hi

Welcome to the FHUK forums.
We wish you continued success in your research, and may your brick walls be demolished!
If you require help all you need to do is,
Post your requests, with as much information as you already have, on the appropriate forum/s, and our friendly and helpful members will help you as much as they can.
Again welcome and we hope you enjoy your time here on FHUK.
Best regards sterico

gedcom

Thank you for your welcome messages.

Thank you Gwenyth that is very kind of you, nothing can be done for my precious companion except to make her last weeks the best they can be.

I am enjoying having a look around this lovely site.

Gedcom

pejay

Valued Member
hello gedcom welcome to the site,good luck with your research, I love animals too - esp dogs but have now only got two cats. I did lose a dog a good few years ago of old age. :)