• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

hello from Canada

Hello all. I thought I would try this forum as it looks like many have had some success in getting very helpful replies from members on here. I read some and thought "can it be this easy?" post a message and I'd get my answer! awesome... well here it goes... this is what I have... sorry for the length but thought the more info I had the easier it may be to solve/research...

William Henry PARKER born Jan 7 1892 in Sheffield, England. (obtained from funeral home record)
He died on Nov 29 1944 here in Chatham, Ontario, CA. (thinking due to gassing from war)
William served in WWI 1914-1918 in France and Belgium as a Dvr. in RH and RFA
Received 3 medals (have copy of his medal card)
He immigrated on Dec 23 1920 to Canada with wife and first son. (passenger list)

William married Emma Mae GOODMAN in 1918 in West Ham, Essex, England.
Emma was born Nov 9 1896 in England.
She died on May 8 1972 while en route to England by air to visit family.
She is daughter of Hillier or Hilliard or Charles (maybe combination of both) GOODMAN and Florence MILTON
Her siblings: Charles, Margaret, Florence and Minnie
Her obit in 1972 said survived by one sister Mrs. Joseph (May) Brewer of London, England (likely who she was on her way to visit) - she was flown back to Canada for burial

William and Emma had the following children with the first being born in England before they immigrated -> Harry, William Keith, Charles Henry, Donald Raymond, Robert, Bonnie

From this point on, I have the information I need.

It is William and Emma's family in England that is the mystery. Especially William. I know nothing of his family at all. And the name seems so common, I don't think I'll ever solve who his parents are. I don't even have a picture of him. All I have is a headstone for his picture.

Any answers, suggestions, tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much for reading... Dawn