• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Hello from Ontario, Canada

Norma Price

From
Canada
I have been only doing genealogy since 2017 but find it interesting and challenging. I hope to make some new contacts that may help in my search for ancestors.

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

Please have a look around the forums and then post your queries in the most appropriate ones and someone will try to answer them.

Good luck with your research.

Dave

Hi, I have ancestors from Aldborough Elgin Ontario Best of luck with your research.

I am trying to find a link between the Nesbit/Nisbet and Malcolm family.
In the 1881 census Margaret Nesbit aged 27, born in Glasgow is there as a visitor at Archibald Hunter Robertson and his wife's residence. Could this be a relation? I am sure she is.
I have looked Margaret (93ZX-HMC) up on Scotland's people and Family Search. and She was born 20. 2.1854 to Richard Nisbet (932X-HMZ) and Elizabeth Anderson (93ZX-HMI)FR1057 in Gorbals, Glasgow City Gros data 644/002 0331. Richard and Eliz married 21 Oct 1853 in Gorbals (93ZX-HMZ)
Other chn Richard Nisbet 31 July 1864 Cambuslang Lanark, Elizabeth Nisbet1860, Archibald Robertson Nisbet 1862, Elizabeth Nisbet 18 Feb 1874 (93ZX-HMC) Mary Malcolm Nisbet b 15 Feb 1871 Elizabeth Nisbet18 2 1874 KFZ6-ZRN Thomas b 7 Apl 1856 Govan,
Researching in the LDS many years ago there was a Nesbit link to some Malcolm names. I have been doing genealogy since the 1970s and this is one of my brick walls. I Know why Mary R was brought up by her aunt.

Robert and wife Agnes left in 1865 for NZ leaving daughter Mary R behind with sister Mary Lyle Malcolm.

I have several Nesbit/Nisbet families in my tree connected to Anderson and Galt but I have not yet found a connection to Malcolm.

Dave

MALCOLM MARY ROBERTSON
MILLAR
F
644 / 10 / 1716
HUTCHESONTOWN

Lyle, Millar, Taylor, Whyte, Gilmour, Callender, Porterfield, Yeats

No connection going way back.

Last edited:
Back