• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Hello from Peru

Hi , my name is Alex Wilson and I am looking for any information on the Scotish family of my greatgrandfathers, Richard Wilson ,born 1860 married to Margurite Garey in 1883 or 1884, they went to the United States in 1884, where they had 3 children: William, Mary, Margurite. William ,my grandfather eventually came to Peru in 1917.

Any information would be greatly apprecited.

Thanks in advance.

Alex Wilson

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Alex,

Welcome to the forum.

What part of Scotland did they come from? Have you looked for them on the US census? I can have a look on the Scottish census but will need more info. I only have access to the transcribed records not the actual census images.

Hi Julie, thanks for the welcome. I dont have any more information of them in Scotland , just the departure year.
In US , yes I found them in the 1900 census.

Thanks, again Julie for your time.

Alex

Hi Alex

I have been able to find the following from the Scotland's People website:

1884 Richard Wilson married Margaret Alexan Garey in Greenock Old or West District of Renfrewshire, GROS Data Ref 564/03 0157.

To be able to view a copy of the certificate you will need to sign up to the website yourself and purchase some credits (30 credits costs 6GBP, viewing the result of a search costs 1 credit and viewing images costs 5 credits). You will then be able to find out the names and occupations of both sets of parents and go on to find details of births from there.

Indigo: Thank you , its the first information I have got from my Scottish relatives, and gives something to start from.

thanks again,
Alex

Kinshar

Hi

IGI has

Margaret Alexandra Garey
Born 16 Feb 1863 Old Maachar Aberdeen Scotland
Parents ~ William Garey & Maragret Collie

William Garey & Maragret Collie
Marriage ~ 23 Jan 1858 St Nicholas Aberdeen Scotland

Regards
Kinshar