• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Hello from Poole

dave6023

My name is Dave, married with 3 sons, 1 at home, 2 (1 married) living in Cornwall.

I work in the print industry.

I'm fairly new to this family history lark, but I've made some good progress. Thanks to getting my mother's birth certificate I have found I am the cousin of an unknown relatives father who has over 670 relatives in her tree!

My interests are many and varied, for my sins I am an Oxford United supporter (I lived in Oxford for 30+ years). I like a wide range of music embracing classical to heavy rock. Queen are my favourite band. I like building and repairing PCs, I am webmaster of an Oxford United supporters website. I like reading my tastes are varied though I mainly go for ancient history and railways books. Photography, both traditional & digital. Cooking is also a vice!

sterico

Loyal Member
Hi Dave,
welcome to the FHUK forums
I'm fairly new to this family history lark, but I've made some good progress. Thanks to getting my mother's birth certificate I have found I am the cousin of an unknown relatives father who has over 670 relatives in her tree!
, no problem with being new to family history, you will find all our members very friendly and helpful, you have a good start with the finding of relatives.
My interests are many and varied, for my sins I am an Oxford United supporter
we wont hold that against you :)
I like a wide range of music embracing classical to heavy rock. Queen are my favourite band.
mine also Dave whats your favorite track?
I like reading my tastes are varied though I mainly go for ancient history and railways books. Photography, both traditional & digital. Cooking is also a vice!
we have a mutual interest photography that is one of my hobbies also. You have an interest in cooking? maybe you have some recipes for one of our forums.
We hope you enjoy yourself on our forums Dave, and if you require help just post on the appropriate forum/s, along with as much information as you do have and we will try our best to further your research.
Best regards Dave . StericoO0

Last edited:

dave6023

Hi Dave,
welcome to the FHUK forums
, no problem with being new to family history, you will find all our members very friendly and helpful, you have a good start with the finding of relatives.
we wont hold that against you :)
mine also Dave whats your favorite track?
we have a mutual interest photography that is one of my hobbies also. You have an interest in cooking? maybe you have some recipes for one of our forums.
We hope you enjoy yourself on our forums Dave, and if you require help just post on the appropriate forum/s, along with as much information as you do have and we will try our best to further your research.
Best regards Dave . StericoO0
Hi sterico

I have 2 favorite tracks 'Don't stop me now' & 'Dragon Attack'
I am also good friends with a Queen tribute act.

I'm sure I can find a couple of recipes to post including a nice Thai style chicken curry.

I have already had some very useful help from juliejtp.

Cheers
Dave6023

Nice 2B on board.

Last edited by a moderator:

darkcrystal

Valued Member
Hello Dave,

welcome to our forum...

I think one of my favourite tracks has to be "I'm going slightly mad"... I still shudder when I hear it...

but alas there are just too many tracks of theirs that I do like, and also Freddies solo stuff...