• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Hello, I am a returning FH user and I'm looking forward to getting back to family research.

Hello, while researching my FH I found a marriage which I expected to find which took place in 1834, then by pure chance I found the same marriage in 1832, it was the same people in the same church manse. There was a child from the 1832 marriage and it appears that the lady was 4 months pregnant at the time of the wedding. I am unable to find the child on the 1841 census anywhere in Scotland and no death record so I'm very puzzled as to why another marriage took place, ( if that was allowed at the time) ? . Is this a coincidence, if so its a very remote one .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Introduce Yourself 3
T Introduce Yourself 4
P Introduce Yourself 4
N Introduce Yourself 3
H Introduce Yourself 1
D Introduce Yourself 2