• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Hello - I'm an Aussie

jood

Valued Member
Born in Perth, West Australia, currently living in the Blue Mountains in Sydney, NSW, but shortly to move to Bendigo, Victoria.

The names I am researching are set out below.

Laughlan, Lochlin - Partick, Paisley, Lanark, Scot. Goring,Gorringe - Canada, London, Aust, Cook - Sheet, Hamp, and Overbury, Worc,South Aust Burgess - Cheltenham, Charlton Kings, Glos. Westlake, Puddy - Mark, Puriton, S/set. Heaven - Uley, Glos.South Aust. West Aust Gleeson, Tierney - Clare, Ireland

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hi and welcome,

If you have a look around the site and post any quieries you may have into the appropiate forums someone will try to help you. Good luck.

gibbo

Born in Perth, West Australia, currently living in the Blue Mountains in Sydney, NSW, but shortly to move to Bendigo, Victoria.

The names I am researching are set out below.

Laughlan, Lochlin - Partick, Paisley, Lanark, Scot. Goring,Gorringe - Canada, London, Aust, Cook - Sheet, Hamp, and Overbury, Worc,South Aust Burgess - Cheltenham, Charlton Kings, Glos. Westlake, Puddy - Mark, Puriton, S/set. Heaven - Uley, Glos.South Aust. West Aust Gleeson, Tierney - Clare, Ireland
Welcome from a fellow "AUSSIE".

Oz

jood

Valued Member
Thanks Oz, good to see so many Aussies here.
Is there any way we can have our ancestors permanently at the foot of our messages?

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Jood and welcome to FHUK.:)

If you go into your UserCP (next to FAQ/Help).
Go to Your Profile and click on 'edit your details'.

This will take you to Edit your details, and then you will see 'Surnames you are researching'.

Limited space, but just keep adding names until it fills up.

Hope this helps.:)

Steve.:)

jood

Valued Member
Silly me, I missed that line.

It would be nice if I could colour the surnames differently to the towns, or at least put a surname on each line. - they seem to run into each other.

Also to have your own signature down the bottom.

I have added the names, but they still don't show.

jood

Valued Member
Not coloured tho - like this:

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Not coloured tho - like this:

No.....but at least they're on your profile.:biggrin:

And it's free.:)

Steve.:)

sterico

Loyal Member
welcome to the F.H.U.K research forums,
We hope you have success in your research and please do not hesitate in asking us for help, all you need to do is select the appropriate forum, and post your question/s, with as much relevant information that you have in your possession, then our members will endeavour to find, or at least point you in the right direction of those answers.
You will find all our members helpful and very friendly and only to willing to help.
Best regards Sterico