• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Hello...im lost!!

Hi Haven't a clue what im doing here.......am trying to find out info about a Mr william Mountford who died in 1907...Though i might meet people on this site that could help me

pejay

Valued Member
Hi Lucie - welcome to the forum, I am sure you will find lots of help. your Mr William Mountford was he possibly this one in the jan/feb/mar qr for 1907 - William aged 65 Prestwich 8d 275. or William age 66 july/aug/sep qr 1907
St Asaph 11b 194. I haven't a clue where this is though :confused: The forum is full of friendly people who will help if they can

Hello,sorry its taken me so long to get back to you
I really don't know where dresden is???.My dad and mum recently died and i found a large black and white photo of a graveyard...there is a small church in the picture and a headstone/monument that had the date of death of william mountford and it said he was of formaly...Park Avenue Dresden.I was trying to establish who he was so i could tell where the cemetry is that he is buried in.

Hi,sorry its taken so long to get back to you.
I don't know where dresden is???..I have an old phot that i found amoungst mum and dads things .It was taken in a cemetry with a small church and the headstone said that William Mountford...of Park Avenue Dresden and the date he died....I was trying to find out more about him or who he was so i could maybe get the photo to his family...

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
This may be a possibility for your chap in 1901

William Mountford born abt 1891 Longton reg district Stoke on Trent, this isnt far from Dresden. Would you like the details.

There is also a death for a William Mountford year 1907 district Stoke on Trent born abt 1890.

Hello,sorry its taken me so long to get back to you
I really don't know where dresden is???.My dad and mum recently died and i found a large black and white photo of a graveyard...there is a small church in the picture and a headstone/monument that had the date of death of william mountford and it said he was of formaly...Park Avenue Dresden.I was trying to establish who he was so i could tell where the cemetry is that he is buried in.
Hi Lucie,

if you can post the picture up here it would help, it is very easy to do..just follow my instructions...

Step one:

Goto Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

register and create account

Step two:

Once you have an account and you would like to 'upload' a photo from your computer to Photobucket

goto your PB account and sign in

this should bring up your own page, this is how it should look (without the red/blue circles)

If you then click on 'browse' (red circle)
this will enable you to look in your computers folders for your pictures

Once you have found the picture, click on it, this will transfer the file path to P/bucket
Then click upload button (blue circle)

You can also now upload three pictures at a time, just repeat browse, for the remaining two lines (under the red circle) and THEN upload.

after a few moments the image will be uploaded to P/bucket

scroll down the page, and you will see a small picture with 4 lines underneath it, like this below

the bottom line is the line you need to left click on with your mouse,(in RED) This will then 'highlight' the IMG in BLUE

it says

Share URL
URL Link
HTML Tag
IMG Code [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p117/Darksecretz_2006/bucketremake.png[/IMG[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black](I have left off the last ] so that you can see the code, that you will Copy/paste into the thread.)[/COLOR]

once it is highlighted, 'right click' on it 'copy' then, goto the thread where you want the picture to be,
within the post you are to reply in, right click and 'paste'

it will be something like this
[IMG]http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p117/Darksecretz_2006/bucketremake.png[/IMG

add text below and post on thread

thats all there is to it
I hope that I have clarified this for you, any problems, just ask and i'll try to help

Last edited: