• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Hello Researchers

From
Australia
Hi everyone,

My name is Joanne and I live in regional Australia.

My interests in family history began many years ago after attending a family reunion of a distant relative. It was always something I wanted to do more of but never really knew where to start.

For 10 years now I have been researching my family history and have crossed many bridges in my journey of uncovering my ancestors past. I enjoy the research of uncovering the next piece of the puzzle, however time is always my greatest barrier.

My interests include writing about my families beginnings from the information I have sourced and then sharing with other relatives. Particularly when detailed facts can be found about ancestors that many do not believe, such as birthplaces! A family belief included our Scottish great grandfather and his telling of many Scottish stories, however after much searching I finally laid this myth to rest, he was in fact born and bred in Salford Manchester, never to have set foot in Scotland!!!

I hope I can find some more interesting facts through these forums.

Happy searching!

welcome Joanne

This is a very friendly forum and sure you will enjoy being on it.

Often I find the family stories are a generation out so perhaps his father was Scottish?:big grin:

Barbara

Back